01 524 1466 | email@example.com
About the Employer:
Our client is recruiting a Category Manager (Logistics) to be responsible for category management services including category strategy development, strategic sourcing, client stakeholder management, supplier performance management, and continuous cost and performance improvement. This growing and dynamic company offers excellent opportunities for career growth and development.
- Basic Salary: 60 – 80K + depending on experience
- Growth opportunity and career progression
The Successful Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a category management, procurement, and/or supply chain function
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (business/ supply chain/ economics) or equivalent
- Relevant industry certifications are desired (MCIPS/CPM/CPSM/CSCP/CPIM)
- Post-Graduate degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and Procurement software (SAP / Ariba / ERP systems )
As a Category Manager (Logistics), some of your duties & responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of Third Party Vendor performance (SLA’s/KPI’s) and supplier relationship management.
- Establishing metrics, monitoring on-going vendor performance, addressing any service failures, providing aggregate reporting on supplier performance
- Cooperating with and contributing to the development of Centre of Excellence
- Building long term category strategies for clients
- Continuous current state assessment and the external market environment assessment
- Conducting opportunity assessments for new clients or for new addressable areas for existing clients, including budgeting and sourcing wave plans that support overall savings target achievement
- Using innovative, and category specific procurement levers to drive value for your client
- Leading all supplier selection and procurement activities (e.g. RFI, RFP, RFQ, Scorecard and Bid Analysis, etc.)
- Negotiation of supplier contracts utilising client contract templates & procedures
- Interfacing and communicating with project team, management, and stakeholders, and provide support with respect to Supplier Management/Procurement processes and policies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.